The Girls of Excellence, Inc. Ambassador Program
Deadline: October 1, 2021
Ambassador Role Requirements: (1) academic year commitment; (2) a device with internet access or mobile data to attend meetings; (3) a willingness to plan and coordinate events in your school or community for GOE; (4) a current student in good academic standing and (5) a current GOE participant.
For questions regarding eligibility, please reach out to your mentor or email [email protected]
The GOE Ambassadors experience leadership and personal development, engagement in the community many amazing opportunities while building relationships. This year’s Ambassadors will engage with mentors, peers and each other via a GOE website, virtual workshops, discussions and presentations on core GOE topics and programs. Participants will be selected via a competitive application process.
The application is available to participating GOE Girls, ages 10-17. There is no cost to be a GOE Ambassador.
Potential participants can be nominated by:
1) School partners
2) School assigned mentors, or
Ambassador Criteria for Selection: (Students will be evaluated on the following factors)
- An interest in and commitment to volunteer activities
- Ability to be a team player
- Video Submission highlighting why you should be selected
- Leadership Skills
- Good academic performance
- A positive attitude
- Represent GOE as a young voice of the organization and mentees
- Participate in 1-2 GOE board meetings during the year,
- Attend GOE events and activities as requested
- Provide input on GOE programs, initiatives, and engagement opportunities
- Host a Girl Chat or Talk Series
What is a GOE Ambassador?
The GOE Ambassador role gives students the experience of being an active volunteer and leader. Students will take part in GOE programs, support GOE girls, and uphold values of the Girls of Excellence organization.
What does the Ambassador Role Offer?
Ambassadors will gain valuable learning, community service, and leadership development opportunities. You will better understand how to be an advocate and a change maker, as you promote initiatives to support your peers, community and the GOE organization.
Eligibility & Pre-Qualification Requirements
- Are you between the ages of 10 and 17 years?
- Do you consider yourself a leader?
- Do you have a passion for helping your community?
- Are you prepared to commit to the demands necessary to participate in GOE activities?
- The GOE program supports the following core values: Leadership, Empowerment, Commitment and Collaboration.
- Visit: https://girlsofexcellenceinc.org/ to learn more.
- These are the core values that describe GOE are you able and willing to uphold these values or strive to meet them
After completing the GOE Ambassador Online Application, please submit the following documentation with your name in subject field to [email protected]
- Academic Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, mentor or school counselor
- A brief 2 minute video telling us why you would a great GOE Ambassador